Friday, December 5, 2008

Museum of Contemporary Art

I made my first trip to the Musuem of Contemporary Art in Chicago during November the same day that I went to the Art Institute all I can say is that I'm not really impressed. To be truthful I don't know if I'll visit that Museum again personally. Kara Walkers installation was.......I can't really think of a way to describe the room properly. The images surprised and disgusted me, I don't see how many if not all of these silhoutte pictures actually have to do with the history of the African race. Generally even if I'm not particularly fond of a piece I'll look at it a bit, this was the first piece that I actually sort of glanced at decided I didn't want to see and walked past at least twice with out taking a better look. I guess the images just seem......revolting to me and I couldn't believe that this was really in a Museum. Women having sex with horses, children trying to decapitate one another and other various sexually orientated images that if people where actually found doing or even thought to be doing would be jailed or put in an asylum somewhere. I couldn't see this as art but it does prove to me how for lack of a better word demented modern art has sometimes become. There were a few pieces that interested me unfortunatly I can't remember who they where by. Overall as I said before I'm not so sure of a repeat visit to this Museum I just wasn't impressed and didn't really enjoy the works there much.

No comments:

Post a Comment